Friday 18 March 2016 at 6.30pm | Bridport, Dorset.
Say hello to Spring at an evening of colour, fun and fashion in support of the invaluable work undertaken by Weldmar Hospicecare Trust. Money raised through ticket sales will go to the charity.
They will be showcasing all their Spring fashion collections from our major clothing brands including Myrine from Antwerp, Out of Xile, Darling, A Postcard From Brighton, Eucalyptus, Friday on my Mind, Desigual, Smash! and Mamatayoe. There will also be some exciting fashion accessories from The Netherlands and Spain, as well our jewellery from Wendy Lowis Bates, Gillian Hulse Designs and Elisabete – all Dorset designers.
The show is raising money for the Weldmar Hospicecare Trust and we have put together a fabulous auction hosted by Graham Barton (of BBC Homes Under the Hammer fame) with some very generous donations by the following companies:
– Liz Shewan’s “Spring Has Sprung at Colmers Hill” painting in mixed media (40 x 40cm) as seen in the promotional material
– Out of Xile designer silk chiffon shawl
– Darling Clothes outfit
– Eucalyptus kimono
– Symondsbury Kitchen dinner for two
– Fiona Baker designer hat
– Silver Wine Cuff/Handle from Chris Edwards/The Living Tree coupled with a half case of still wine from Dorset’s Furleigh Estate
– Bouquet of flowers from Busy Bee Florists
– Grace Palmieri painting commission for a children’s bedroom
– Wendy Lowis Bates pearl necklace and matching earrings
In addition to that we will have a raffle including three themed hampers of food, beauty and outdoors.
Other local companies and individuals who have generously given up their time and effort include:
– Symondsbury Estate for the beautiful Tithe Barn venue
– Graham Barton of Clive Emson Auctioneers and BBC Homes Under The Hammer for hosting the event
– Liz Shewan for painting the picture of Colmers Hill used on the promotional material
– Taddle Farm Events providing staging and lighting
– The Shed Hair & Beauty Boutique for the model’s hair and makeup
– Beautifully Seated for creating elegant seats for our VIP ticket holders (www.beatifullyseated.co.uk)
– Busy Bee Florist for providing floral displays and hair garlands (www.busybee.florist)
– Groves Nursuries for providing pots and plants for the children at Symondsbury Primary School to make up and sell at the event to raise money
– Contented Brands for producing a video trailer for the event
– Cudmore for loaning us champagne flutes for the VIPs
Organised by new boutique, Colmers Hill Fashion, based at Symondsbury Manor Yard, the event will be a celebration of designer Spring clothing and accessories. Penny, who owns it, used to own The Terrace clothes shop in Lyme Regis.
Compered by Graham Barton of Clive Emson Auctioneers and best known for BBC’s ‘Homes Under The Hammer’, the evening promises to be lively and entertaining. There will be a licensed bar and Symondsbury Kitchen will also be open before and after the show (pre-booking advised).
Standard tickets cost £10 and there are a limited number of VIP tickets left for £25. VIP tickets include the best seats in the house, a complimentary glass of Prosecco in the VIP lounge and a VIP goodie bag.
Tickets can be bought by calling the Symondsbury Estate Office on 01308 424116, or online at www.colmershill.com, or in person at Colmers Hill Fashion at Symondsbury Manor Yard.